Abrasive Wheels Training
Why Do I Need Training?
The law (PUWER 1998) requires that adequate training on any work equipment is provided to the employed or the self employed before they use it. Lantra Awards training courses are designed to meet this requirement and would always be regarded as adequate possibly unlike other forms of training.
What courses are available?
There are a number of abrasive wheels training courses available and the one you select will cover the machines that are in use by you or your staff. All courses are of one day duration and cover bench mounted, hand held, engine driven and electrical. The courses are assessed and will provide a Lantra Awards Basic skills certificate and ID card.
Lantra Awards offers a range of short courses in Abrasive wheels. All courses involve Intergrated Training and Assessment (ITA). Courses available include:
- Bench Mounted.
- Hand Held Electrical.
- Hand Held Engine Driven.
The courses are suitable for users in a wide range of industries and work environment, including:
- Industrial Sites.
During the course you will learn to:
- Understand the features of an abrasive wheel.
- Protect yourself.
- Operate the abrasive wheel safely and look after the machine.
- Get the best result.
- Comply with the regulations governing the use of such equipment.
The different types of abrasive wheel machines now available make them extremely versatile and effective worksite tools. But even the most experienced operators can find themselves in potentially dangerous situations. Serious accidents can and do occur without proper training. Training is a legal requirement under The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) which require employers to ensure that machines are operated by employees who are adequately TRAINED.
For full details of all Abrasive Wheels courses please click HERE.
To enquire about course availablity click below.
- There is just one place left on our chainsaw crosscutting and maintenance course next week. Come and join us on... https://t.co/IY7RyMMC4y 96 days ago
- There is just one place left on our chainsaw crosscutting and maintenance course this coming Thursday and Friday... https://t.co/vByHr7saD4 96 days ago